Tuesday 5 September 2006

A broken treasure

A treasure
A very valuable one

I spent time nurturing it
I spent time taking care of it
I invested my time on it
I thought I was very blessed to have it

It has coloured my life
It has shared my happiness
It has cheered me up during sadness
It has supported me

So many things reminded me of it
So many times I kept on thinking about it

Bicycles, stargazing, a stroll,
snow, snowman, snow angel,
a swing, kermis, musea, paintings,
cooking, books, even hospital visit reminded me of it

It was one of the thing I could fall back on
Time has proven it to be worthy
Indeed it is very valuable
A treasure nothing could beat

I thought I could keep it forever
I thought it will last
It has endured so much
I thought nothing could destroy it

But ... eventually ...
It slipped away from me
breaking into pieces
bringing my heart with it

Why can't I keep it?
Why can't it last?
Why?

5 comments:

Savitri said...

This poem is written last night.
We've picked up the broken pieces, glue them together.
It is not as beautiful as it used to be, but only time will tell whether it survived.:-)

Merlyna said...

this is beautifully written. i can almost feel the emotion. thanks for sharing....
p.s. i don't know whether i know or not what "it" is... but somehow, i feel "it".

Savitri said...

Thanks, Teh. It's an honour to get such comment from you.

ime' said...

mmm... i have forgotten it for some time; but a couple of days ago, it came back to me...

the same feeling... but i was thinking to myself, is it there for me to reach it (again), or is it just came by just to say 'hi'?

...

well, i miss my bicycle... for sure ;)

Savitri said...

Thanks for the comments :-)