Tuesday 8 May 2007

Pepper Butt

Pepper butt is a term used by a friend of mine to describe people who cannot sit still -- always want to travel.

I kinda realised that the term can be applied to me. My doses of travelling had been multiplied during my stay in Europe -- wanting to see as much as I could within the limited time I had. (Though I didn't aim to get a degree in travelling like some people I know.)

Having back in Indonesia, I must adapt to working condition that only allow 12 days of leave annually. Within this 12 days I must allocate Christmas and New Year holiday with my family. It doesn't give me a lot of time left. I am currently as pepper butt as I can be.

A friend of mine reminded that I had indeed travelled around New Year -- I claimed that it doesn't count, as we were travelling mostly to the area I've known before. Later I realised that last year I had my adventure in North Sumatra, where I retraced my ancestor's path, and found my root. A physical and spiritual journey, so indeed I had travelled.

I've been planning a week of travelling next month and I want more. What can I say other than having a pepper-butt?

No comments: