Tuesday 30 August 2005

the ashes

Do you know what happen with the ashes?
 
Last Sunday we went to Surabaya to throw my Oma's ashes on the sea. It was 12 of us, with a Navy's boat. It was ebb time, so the boats were low. And we had to pass 3 boats to go to the one that we're going with. My Opa was with us and someone carry him on his back - quite scary. After that he recalled the experience as 'first time in my life' and smiling - quite an experience.
 
The ashes was put in a ceramic vase, and wrapped in a red cloth. The vase was then brought down with a robe. Then the vase was moved here and there, up and down, so that the ashes melted in the water. After that it was released. And that's all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pl give ur mail id and photo i want to speak to u

tarunals

Savitri said...

You may leave yours here.

Spider Girl said...

Thank you for sharing the memories of your grandmother. They made me think of my own. :)