Friday 2 February 2007

Cathedral

In many countries, churches are main tourist attractions - especially
in the area where Catholic is (used to be) the main religion.

Last Tuesday I visited the Cathedral of Jakarta. Of course it's not
comparable to European churches, but it certainly is more beautiful than
other Indonesian churches I've ever visited (it's one of the preserved
building in Indonesia). The pulpit was especially beautiful. I spent
some time just sit there, looked around, and pray.

But when at one point I started to notice that I could see different
types of crosses (the 'blank' cross, the gothic cross) in various
spots inside the church, I told myself: "It's time to go." (For those
who share my interest in Church history, you'll see why I think it's
time to go.)

No comments: