Tuesday 20 February 2007

Life = decisions + consequences

This morning, I read this during my devotional time. Two things strike me:
  1. Ruth's statement (Ruth 1: 16-17). This is a huge commitment. Sounds like a marriage commitment, can you make such a huge commitment to somebody you're not marrying? Probably she has never set foot on Israel before that journey. Yet this is her decision. Leaving everything behind, rooted from where she belongs. Interesting to notice 'your God my God'. Is it possible that she has embraced new faith? Would going back to her people mean giving up on this? Would the difficulties she would face in Israel as a widowed foreigner be far less than those she'd face in Moab as a believer? Or ... is it solely based on her love to Naomi?
  2. Choices. ODB's elaboration on life as series of choices is in line with my view. I see life as a series of decisions and their consequences. Make the best decision when you're in a crossroad. Later, when its consequence come, no need to complain, it's the consequence of your own decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's true that life is full of decisions and their consequences. However, let God lead us to make the decision. He is our creator, hence let His plan in our life be fulfilled. And whatever the consequence is, either a smooth way or a rocky way, we know certainly that we are in the right path and He is always with us.

Diana

Savitri said...

I couldn't agree more. I just didn't write anything about the process of making the decisions. :-)