Friday 23 March 2007

RSI

I've been suffering from Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) for some time. For info about RSI see here or here.

About three years ago I got my first attack. It was 'resolved' with a new mouse and a different way of holding the mouse, plus using more shortcuts instead of mouse.

Then, few weeks ago, I got another attack. It was quite serious this time. Perhaps it's been there for sometime without my realising it ... and it became quite bad. I was treated by a physioterapist, thought it's ok ... and then, after a week, I felt the pain again. :-(

The physical pain made me think of something else: my future. If working with computers give me such pain, will I ever get a PhD? Am I physically able to do the required job for getting a PhD? I do hope to get well soon. (There is no instant cure for RSI though.)

No comments: